Turchon church

Turchon church image1

Description

In 1659, a whole section of the mountain of Ambion collapsed, engulfing part of the village of Pouilly.

Andréanne de Mouxy, heiress of the lord of the village, had a small building erected in honor of Notre Dame de Bon Secours to ward off the scourge.

At the time of the revolution, this small chapel was sold as a national property, then bought in 1809 by Baron Pierre Clément Foncet de Montailleur, successor of the lords of St Jeoire. The building was restored and enriched with a monumental altar in 1851. The Foncet de Montailleur family having died out, the small chapel passed by inheritance to the Countess Marie-Thérèse du Chaillou, who undertook important work between 1852 and 1857 and gave the chapel its current appearance.

Pricing

Free access.

Additional information

Spoken languages

Equipments

Pets

Address
Route de Pouilly, 74490, Saint-Jeoire
Opening
All year round daily.

Was this content helpful to you?

Address
Route de Pouilly, 74490, Saint-Jeoire
Opening
All year round daily.